About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Friday, February 29, 2008

US Military History Expressed in Food

Some people are so darn clever! This fantastic video describes the modern history of US Warfare in the food of the countries in conflict. It is insightful and devilishly clever. Listen carefully because creating the sound track was probably nearly as much work as creating the visuals.

How good is your knowledge of history? Did you get them all right? Need help? Okay, there is a cheat sheet HERE Okay, one hint. The Russian pile is beef stroganoff. But, see how well you do first! Clever stuff!

1 comment:

Kentk said...

I certainly hope that no food was harmed in the making of that video. Being a "foodie" I loved it. Being a "foodie" I am offended and not surprised that the US is depicted as a hamburger. Surely we can do bettet than that.