About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Really Scary Aviation Movie : Runway incursion

I have been lost on an airport. In my airplane my butt is about two feet off the ground. I have better perspective standing up. So, I can understand getting lost on a taxiway in a fog. Some people ctitique the United pilots, but I can understand their situation.

In fact, it sounds like the male United pilot understands exactly how bad things are and is ummm.. "highly stressed"

The controller is suffering from underwhelming caution. She should have been as scared as the United pilot.

All praise for the pilot of USAir 2998. That guy deserves a medal... just for doing his job! See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BvgSS6kBdU

No comments: