About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

"In From the Cold" -- Highly Recommended!

I've been reading a Blog titled "In From the Cold" and highly recommend it. They recently covered the overflight activities of Russian TU-95s, something I commented on earlier.

They had good insight into using the Navy's SM-3 to accellerate the decline of the spy satellite in orbit. One piece that I really enjoyed concerned a Lt. Gen. who finally made ace by getting credit for a Mig shot down during the Korean War.

The story goes on to talk about how getting five kills isn't even likely anymore. This quote just makes me shake my head: An F-16 pilot, Captain Robert Wright matched Rodriguez’s total in a single day (28 February 1994), shooting down three Serb attack jets as they bombed a Muslim facility in Bosnia. There’s some belief that Wright might have downed all six aircraft in the Serb flight, had AWACS been quicker in authorizing him to fire, and if the F-16 pilot had not been required to read a warning to the enemy pilots before launching his missiles.

Read them their Miranda rights before going FOX One? That's how Bill Clinton went to war. Oh my. Soon after the upcoming election, SEALS and Delta Force will be limited to "non-lethal" weapons. --FJD

1 comment:

Susan Katz Keating said...

I second the recommendation - IFC is a terrific blog.