About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Thursday, February 28, 2008


Boeing has a contract with Homeland Security to install an integrated system of sensors on the border called SBInet. Oh my.
According to this article (surprise!), it doesn't seem to be doing too well. (I AM shocked!) More Here and Here
Of course, the first thing anyone with any background thinks of is the "McNamara Line" and "Igloo White".

Someone who is a Glenn Beck "Insider" (I am not) needs to send this to Beck. He had Michael Chertoff on his TV show the other day talking about this sensor fence and Chertoff seemed proud of it.
I looked at a couple pictures of the sensor towers and the first thought I had was "Kludge". The whole thing doesn't "look" right. If it doesn't "look" right, it often doesn't "work" right. I've purchased towers, sensors, and antenna systems like this in the past. I'd have cancelled the whole damn project just because it looks like a cluster of parts stuck up there on the top of the tower with no system integration.

No comments: