About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Friday, February 15, 2008

To my Liberal Friends:

Now that it appears that we will have a President (I hope it's Obama... I could NOT listen to Hillary give a speech) from the Democratic Party, I am happy.

Oh, I'm a conservative both fiscally and socially, but I've been disappointed by the Republican politicians for the last 7 years. Now, I'll let you liberals be disappointed by the Democrats.

The bottom line, of course, is that politicians are venial, deceptive, and amoral. (This is nothing new, Thomas Jefferson was a nasty guy in many ways... just ask Abigail and John Adams about the "Back wounding calumny" in the election of 1800!)

Now, my liberal friends, it's your turn to live that truth! Lotsa luck.

I'll go out on a limb and predict a big recession in Obama's 3rd year. His charisma will be worn out and the inside-the-beltway power system... the Government Service bureaucrats, lobbyists, and Legislative-branch staffers ,will eat his administration alive. With relish.

Similarly, every dictator and smarmy potentate that he wants to make friends with will have squeezed him and his liberal Sec State (Hillary for Sec State??) dry after 3 years and will push back. He'll face a hellish 3rd year. -- FJD

No comments: