About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Montana Speaks up on Gun Law Review

I had an earlier posting on the upcoming review of a District of Columbia gun law by the Supreme Court. The State of Montana has a unique position on the review. It seems that the entry of Montana into the United States was pre-conditioned on the right of individuals to bear arms. That right is guaranteed in clear language by the state constitution.

See THIS ARTICLE for more.

(As an aside.. Once we lived on a golf course in an uppity community called Sandestin in the Florida Panhandle. We had a big lot and golfers always lost balls in the rough. .. sometimes they lost them DEEP in the lot.

On a whim, years before, I had bought a 6 foot tall bear carved out of redwood. So, I made a sign and hung it around his neck. It said, "Support the Right to Arm Bears". Yup, the Resort Association sent me a letter asking me to refrain from making "political statements". They didn't get the joke.)

No comments: