About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Solid Brass Balls in Iraq

Michael Yon has an amazing new story to tell. The Task Force 2-7 Infantry is part of the 7th Infantry Regiment of the US Army. They are blessed with a Lieutenant Colonel named Doug Crissman who has balls of brass. He has done more for diplomacy than all of those sniveling State Department ("Oh, please don't send us to Iraq. It's too dangerous.") wussies combined.

Bureaucracies have a tendency to grind down the outstanding performers. But, the cream of the crop can survive in the military bureaucracy and rise to the top. Good luck and best wishes to this great warrior. Read the story here.

No comments: