About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Monday, March 3, 2008

USAF Flying Hours

An interesting story from the STRATEGY PAGE on USAF flying hours and combat flying hours is HERE

"March 3, 2008: The U.S. Air Force has only one active duty pilot with a thousand combat flying hours, in an F-16. The pilot in question, Lt. Col. Andy Uribe, flew 272 combat missions, over a 19 year career, to accomplish that. Uribe is unusual in that he managed to spend 15 of those years on flying status. He recently flew his 3,000th hour, overall, in an F-16. Typically, air force and navy combat pilots spend about 200 hours in the air each year, but that nearly doubles if they are sent to a combat zone. Andy Uribe has spent a lot of time in combat zones"

It's a short and interesting story. Go to the link to read it..

No comments: