About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kurzweil Loves Solar Power: Very Upbeat

Many Internet Techie types respect Ray Kurzweil. He is a futurist and successful inventor. I knew him for his text-to-speech work. His Wikipedia info is HERE.

On a recent panel he said, "We also see an exponential progression in the use of solar energy," he said. "It is doubling now every two years. Doubling every two years means multiplying by 1,000 in 20 years. At that rate we'll meet 100 percent of our energy needs in 20 years."

Read all of it HERE

1 comment:

Kentk said...

I agree but the key ingredient is nanotechnology as he says. Current solar tech requires way too much land space to be useable.