About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Google Earth to get Sharper Images

I love Google Earth for flying and boating. Even with a GPS, finding an unfamiliar airport can be frustrating. Taking a look at the airport on Google Earth before you leave home gives you a much better set of references than that dot on the GPS.

(Aside: When will I get a HUD in my GA aircraft that will point out the damn runway? I understand that some GMC cars now have HUD options for the radio, etc.)

According to Reuters, DigitalGlobe, provider of imagery for Google Inc's (GOOG.O) interactive mapping program Google Earth, said a new high-resolution satellite will boost the accuracy of its satellite images and flesh out its archive....

The new satellite "will offer half-meter resolution and will be able to collect over 600,000 square kilometers of imagery each day, up from the current collection of that amount each week..." See THIS LINK

No comments: