About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dynon Jumping Angle of Attack Indicator

Overall, I am very (very) happy with my Dynon D-180. I should have put a D-10A on the other side for my co-pilots, but that's my poor planning to "do over".

The only complaint I have is with the optional angle of attack indicator. The movie below shows this fluttering AoA indication. I'd appreciate any comments on "should it be that way".

Note that we have changed the pitot, checked the tubing, and that I am just one revision behind on the Dynon firmware update. (Hey, it's a problem today finding a laptop with a serial port!)

Anyone out there with AoA experience that cares to comment?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can get a USB to serialcable and software. Try Cables-to-go.com