About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Excellent Insight into the US Military in Iraq

Many of us are frustrated by the negative reporting from Iraq and by reporters who will not leave the "Green Zone." I recently heard an NPR reporter say "It's too dangerous to travel in Iraq" on the air.

Well, there are independent reporters (maybe not "Journalists"... A term I have come to regard as elite BS) who do travel the country finding good stories. One of the best, "Talking with Heroes" combines text with audio recordings. The site takes some time to go through, but if you are interested in military matters, it is a great site to visit on a regular basis. See http://talkingwithheroes.blogspot.com/ I highly recommend it!

Copied from "Talking with Heroes" is this list of other independent reporters in Iraq. On a personal note, I frequently contribute (through PAY PAL) to Michael Yon linked below. His stuff is worth paying for.

Michael Yon - Former Special Forces soldier
Wesley Morgan - Student at Princeton University
Matt Sanchez - Former MarineBill Roggio - His non-profit, PMI, supports several embeds)Michael J. Totten - Civilian analyst
Laughing Wolf - Civilian, and career independent journalist (preparing to go)
abd the Big Daddy of milblogs, Blackfive.

No comments: