About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Secret History of Silicon Valley

Steve Blank gets it 98% right as far as I can tell. The roots of Silicon Valley are fascinating indeed! He brushes off Route 128 too quickly, however. The MITRE / MIT / Hanscom Field links are as strong and as influential as the links to Stanford. In fact, if you factor in Bell Labs, then "Silicon Valley" doesn't hold a candle to the work done around "Route 128" in the 50s and 60s. .. and later. But, he was addressing a Stanford crowd.

I can't make the YouTube code work.. CLICK HERE until I do.

Anyone who has travelled Highway 101, anyone with a taste for the history of technology, will like this video lecture from YouTune.

No comments: