About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ah Yes, Flying is Good

Ooof.. 10 days between flights. Missed it! Yes, it is a LOT like sex. Sometimes you just have to make the time to enjoy yourself. Lots of changes at Marathon Airport in the Keys. One FBO (my favorite) is dying while the other is expanding. My FBO was bought by a developer a couple of years ago who is now having very tough times due to over-expansion.

Lots of clouds at 2500 - 3500 feet. I got to do a cool climbing turn while staying "clear of clouds." Buzzed along at 4500' with the carb leaned back sipping about 5.8 gal / hr. Took a long loop over Florida Bay, the Upper Keys, and back to Marathon. Used 8.6 gallons of gas.

Oh, it is lovely to fly!

No comments: