About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gold Coins in an IRA?


Investigated putting gold into an IRA. Oh yes, I know, should have done it 18 months ago. The way it works is that you open an IRA account with a "repository" agency. You fund the "repository" (for example an IRA-IRA transfer) and then the repository buys the gold from whoever they work with (MONEX or Blanchard, etc.) And, that's it. Then you own gold in an IRA.

One could argue that the dollar is going to continue to slide as the "central government" prints more money in order to "prop up" (one could also say "nationalize") the banks. I don't see anything happening in the near future to strengthen the dollar.

IF we have a hurricane in the Gulf or if there is a war in the middle east (even just an air attack on Iran... watch for it in December if Obama is elected in Nov.) then the dollar will continue to slide.

Now, about the repository...Would you put your gold into something called the "Happy State Bank" ?? Ooooooo... color me skeptical

No comments: