About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Newton's Physics and Einstein's Physics

In the non-fiction portion of my Website I review several books and DVDs that deal with quantum physics or as it is also called, Einstein's physics. The difference between the two is about the same as the difference between the Mayflower and the QE2. Each one will get you around the world, but in very different style.

Unfortunately, our knowledge of quantum physics barely gets us inside the engine room and we don't really know what we're doing when we get there. But, one thing seems to work on some levels.. and that's the power of thought. (or prayer.. or attitude.. or self-image... or whatever!) See my reviews of work like "What the Bleep Do We Know?"

For more information on the differences in Newtonian and Quantum physics, see "Two Types of Physics" and "Time Travel" for some interesting comparisons.

Plato tells us that in this world change is an important part of everything in life. He also cautions that there is an eternal world of ideas that does not change. I like to examine the changes in the physical world and how they work with the world of ideas. Fortunately (for this exercise at least) the rate of change is accelerating so there is no shortage of things to talk about.

No comments: