About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Freeman Dyson on Global Warming

Freeman Dyson is a highly respected mathematician and physicist who has done solid work in many fields ranging from quantum physics to science fiction. (Well, okay, quantum physics isn't far from science fiction.) I've been impressed with him for decades.

He is also a trifle to the left in his politics and has shown concern over many technical and social issues. His Wikipedia bio is here. He is truly a great and smart man.

And so, it is very interesting when he analyzes "Global Warming" and the carbon dioxide load in the atmosphere. In a nut shell, he says the public and "experts" are looking at the wrong thing in the wrong way.

There are two YouTUBE videos here. You really should take advantage of this opportunity to hear a very smart man speak on an important issue. The two videos don't quite last a total of 12 minutes. Time well spent.

No comments: