About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

My platform: 4Fs: Fence, Food, Fuel, Finance

If I was in a political race, I'd try to save my party with a platform based on the 4Fs.

1. Fence: Fence the damn border already!

2. Food.. this whole ethanol thing is a terrible fraud.. (See for example, this article from a respected local daily paper. If this local reporter can nail the truth, then why is it so difficult for the New York Times.... never mind.. I know..)

3. Fuel.. coal to liquid is a damn good idea. Cut the red tape. Although, I personally am hoping for a breakthru in solar-to-electric cell technology.

4. Finance.. let the speculators hang.. they gambled, they lost.. not the job of government to bail them out!

(My fifth "F" would be firearms, of course. But.. four is enough to argue at one time.)
Now, that's a platform that says something. -- FJD

No comments: