About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Monday, May 26, 2008

My Latest Plan to Make a Jillion Dollars

Here is my latest plan for a "hit" product that will make a jillion dollars. But, tell me, does it exist already?

I am convinced that a significant percentage of people walking around with Bluetooth headsets in their ears and talking are really only talking to themselves! They are making themselves feel good by seeming to have someone to talk to. Take that supposition as whatever comment you like about society, but there is a product in there somewhere!

What these people need is "sidetone". Many of you, particularly pilots, use headsets that give you back your own voice in your ear.. that's "sidetone." It makes you sound ever so much more better and important to hear your own voice amplified and at a different timbre.

What I need to market is a BT headset with optional "sidetone" when it is NOT connected to a phone or when the phone isn't engaged. Then, people wouldn't even NEED cell phones. (A way to cut costs and offset high gas / food prices). They could have ONLY the headset, engage in coversations in public, and feel good about it.

It's a sure jillion dollar market. Are there headsets with "sidetone"?

Personally, I wouldn't put a 2.4 GHz "microwave oven" generator so close to my brain on a bet. But, it's still a great product for a lot of people! Got Sidetone?

No comments: