About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fantastic Video of Afghan Dustoff..

So, here you are... a medic riding a UH-60 helicopter with the callsign Dustoff 30. They set you down on a ridge in Afghanistan to provide aid to and evacuate three special forces troopers. So, YOU get to ride home hanging from the winch and propped up on a skid. On the one hand, it's the scariest thing you'll ever probably do. On the other hand, it's the ride of your life.

The best news is that there is an AH-64 hanging out there with you to keep the bad guys off your back... and to take the movie through the gunsight.

Worth watching a couple of times!

No comments: