About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Russian Bear TU-95 Rousts the New Typhoon

Some brand new and shiny British Typhoons intercept an old cold and drafty Russian TU-95 Bear that is older than its pilots.

Hey guys, we used to intercept Bears with single engine mach .82 F-102s flying out of Alaska. This wasn't much of a stretch for a mach 2 Typhoon, but I guess it was a kick for the kids flying them.

What the Russians got out of this was a nice traditional "PARPRO" (Peacetime Aerial Reconnaissance Program) response. The Russians got to use old cheap assets to snoop on the newest tool in the British air defense ground environment system. No, the Russians weren't intimidated... instead they learned something and won the game. See the whole report. See how the British "talking heads" really don't have a clue as to what the operational probe was all about.

No comments: