About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Global Warming Hoax

First, let me start out by stating that I firmly believe we should reduce our consumption of oil for very sound political and economic reasons. We need to get away from foreign crude, get the hell out of the Middle East, and focus more on Mexico and the countries South of us and on China. I believe we should research and develop alternative energy sources -- although I also believe that Ethanol has more downside than upside.

So, in that, I am one with the Global Warming wackos in the need to reduce oil consumption. However, I don't subscribe to their religion in any other way. The concept that our smoke stacks and tail pipes contribute more to any possible global warming than the output of a single large volcano is just pseudo-scientific garbage.

Al Gore's charts are crap. They would prove again the old truth that "correlation does not mean causality" (memorize it... use it!) but, his charts don't really even show a correlation!

There are some pretty good updates on the hits the Global Warming fascists have taken at this blog and at one of my favorite Websites (highly recommended) TCS Daily. Follow the "Related Articles" links on TCS Daily for an education from some very bright (and non-wacko) folks.

No comments: