About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The USAF "Band"


I know that "military music" is considered an oxymoron, but, in fact,  only uninformed morons think that.  In the mid 1980s I was stationed in Washington DC and my wife and I had the immense pleasure of hearing the USAF Band and the Singing Sergeants perform many times.  I even hired the some of the Singing Sergeants in their off-duty time to entertain guests at some parties.  They are superb people and musicians.  

Here is some proof.  

THIS LINK will take you to some of the newest songs written and performed by the USAF Band. 

THIS LINK will take you to video of the USAF Band practicing suffering.  ...getting ready for the inauguration ceremonies..  

No comments: