About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Been Flying .. not Blogging ..


I've been flying ... and working for the Florida Republican Committee making phone calls.. and not blogging. On Sunday I flew my Zodiac 601XL right up the middle of Florida from Marathon in the Keys to Tampa. About 2 hrs enroute. Had to stay central to avoid weather on both coasts. On Monday there was a front laying across Ocala and Gainesville, so I stayed in Tampa. Tuesday I flew 2+30 enroute up to Eastman, GA so the 601 can get its annual. (Its second). As soon as I got out from under Tampa's Class B I had to get it up to 5500' in order to get above the tops. Nice flight. Found a good hole and came down about 20 mi south of the field. Bounced along in the hot air and had a good time. Now, I'll be in Eastman, GA easting Okra and drinking Sweet Tea for a few days. You can see my SPOT checkins at http://tinyurl.com/526fbz

No comments: