About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Senator Bill Nelson of Florida Really Pisses Me Off!

One of my two senators, Senator Bill Nelson of Florida, sent me an email telling me how proud he was of his OpEd piece in a Tallahasse paper titled "Drilling Off Florida Isn't the Answer."

In this rambling editorial, some staff writer (probably a 21 year old intern) invokes ever patriotic image from the "Protected beaches of Florida" to the "preserved wilds of Alaska."

What this kid doesn't know is that the CHINESE have permits to drill 50 miles off the "protected beaches" of Key West and that the whole damn Anwar Refuge is about the size of LAX airport.

In the meanwhile, trucking companies are going out of business and the idiots in Congress are debating "Cap and Trade" issues that will significantly raise the cost of EVERYTHING.

WHEN will they understand that they really don't have a cure for anything? Our "democratic' (small d) form of government has been hijacked. I like Bill Nelson as a person, but he is off on the wrong path.

No comments: