About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What is Google Investing in?

It is interesting to note that Google is investing tens of millions of dollars in alternative energy projects ... like THIS ONE. It would be fascinating to follow what Google is doing. I'll investigate.

Toward that end, Google aims to produce one gigawatt of power from renewable energy at prices below the rates of electricity generated at coal-burning plants. One gigawatt power would be enough to supply the needs of a city the size of San Francisco.

Page predicted the goal could be reached in a matter of "years, not decades.''

I think that Freedom from foreign oil would be utopia. --FJD

No comments: