About Me

My photo
I live in the Florida Keys. I've been in the military and worked inside the Beltway. I've had 22 technical books and two novels published. I fly, boat, dive, shoot, and swim pretty damn well.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

New Author: John Burdett

Finding a new author you can like and trust is a great experience. I highly recommend the book "Bangkok 8" written by John Burdett. It's been around a while. Published in 2004, but I just found this author. It is a cop-mystery set in (dah dum) Bangkok. The author draws many contrasts and comparisons between oriental culture and that of the US. It's insightful and fun. See more information here.

Is it fantasy, is it BS? I don't know. It is probably idealized. But, it is a good read. Highly recommended for you or for some great guy you know.

I'm in the process of reading "Bangkok Tattoo" published in 2006 and so far it's super. "Bangkok Haunts" coming out in June. Looks like I've got something to look forward to!

No comments: